Established in 2015 and building on more than 60 years of engineering excellence, 2Excel Engineering is a fast-growing Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) based in Hampshire, delivering service-orientated narrow body Boeing and Airbus Maintenance to Operators and Owners, Leasing Companies and Governments.
We are now looking to appoint a Material Planner, the role is predominantly processing, administering, managing Consumable provisions, stock replenishment and spare parts supply. This will also include the raising of Purchase Orders to meet individual Aircraft Project Plans. This will require the successful candidate to work day shifts, this will consist of Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:45 and Fridays 08:00 to 15:30!
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities:
- Prioritising material provision to align with Aircraft Project Plans
- Identifying and contracting with suppliers for the provision of material not held in stock
- Controlling and progressing material orders, with the inclusion of their delivery schedule
- Liaising with the Project Engineers to obtain specialist material necessary to complete defect/AD/SB/EO rectification
- Notifying the Check Manager of material purchases that are required and are above the individual item purchase limit
- Supporting the Check Manager’s inputs to Aircraft Production Meetings
- Recording all material handling charges, third party repair costs and shipping details for material provided for and used during the Aircraft input
- Acquiring permissions from the customers to buy any potential materials above the individual item purchase limit
- Obtaining customer approvals for material provision throughout aircraft inputs
- Identifying daily materials used that are over the material limit and notifying the commercial department
The following skills, knowledge and experience are essential for this role:
- Computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Purchasing experience within the aviation industry
- Must have experience of customer liaising
- Prior use of Envision would be a bonus but not necessary
- Purchasing within a Part 145 MRO environment is preferred
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent paid training and development opportunities
- Occupational health scheme
- Company events and social activities
- Sick pay
- Training and development courses
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Henrik Winberg HR Manager on 01256 825 126 or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com noting your salary expectations and current notice period.
2Excel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity, and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and among our workforce.
We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.